Monday, October 18, 2004

A Contented Smile Sometimes Doesn't Hurt

Sitting and sighing, I wait for you, by this window I try to know you,
The trees heave tiredly in the breeze, The grass grows noiselessly;
I want this rain to stop inside of me, The gray never seem grayer
My heart has never known fire, Bated breath, Naked faith
Missing you awaken senses I never knew could tire,
Apprehension tempered with hurt, Longing amplified by words,
Awake this second, Crying out thine name, Shaking and struggling in bed;
These moments, I wish loving you was less painful, but it is this pain that exaggerates my love
Control spirals away uncontrollably, my five senses defeated,
I hear a thousand wingbeats whenever you are hinted;
Colours fight to resonate when I see my memory of you;
Indecisions languished away, tearing and clawing my heart struggles to cooperate
Oh! To love and to be loved; Oh! To hold and be held
Awaken my slumbering heart for thy love has left
I stand here cowering, crying and yet contented by the weight of my love
Oh! To love is to live

1 comment:

::Lord Apprentice:: said...

Heavy stuff. Sounds like there's a hurricane inside of you, but is rarely ever seen, well, i havent.


your extremely tall friend...